PGY1 Pharmacy Residency – Aurora BayCare Medical Center Green Bay, WI
This PGY1 Pharmacy Residency is structured to provide a broad base of skills, knowledge and experience to the entry-level practitioner. Candidates interested in careers as clinical pharmacists in the acute care setting are encouraged to apply.
Resident rotations will be based at Aurora BayCare Medical Center
Aurora BayCare Medical Center is a full-service hospital providing care to the Green Bay area and communities throughout northeastern Wisconsin. Among Aurora BayCare's specialty services are critical care, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology, women's health and neonatal intensive care.
Specific Learning Experiences
Residents will complete core learning experiences in drug policy, administration and patient care, and customize their residency based on individual needs and interests.
- Orientation: Computer systems, drug distribution, personnel, policies, workflow and department structure
- Drug use policy: Medication use evaluation, Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee, drug information, development of clinical policies and procedures, drug policy and medication safety
- Practice management: Budgeting, personnel management, financial management, managed care, development and implementation of new services and hospice services
- Critical care: Cardiovascular, bariatric surgery, post surgical, code response involvement, respiratory and infectious disease
- Medicine: General/Internal medicine, rehabilitation services, neonatal intensive care services, women's health and oncology
- Medicine staffing: Order entry, kinetic management, facilitate daily patient care activities, patient warfarin education and medicine team rounding
- Hospitalist: Rounding with hospitalist physicians on daily patient consults and assessments, therapeutic drug monitoring/interchange and patient education in patient care areas
- Professional development: Year-long residency project, rotation projects, in-services, staffing, medication safety, visits to other institutions, professional organizations, teaching and precepting, interviewing/recruiting, ACPE continuing education presentations, medication safety experiences, preparations for The Joint Commission and more
Inpatient Pharmacy Manager
Jeffrey Waise, PharmD
Residency Program Director
Betsy Hoida, PharmD
Aurora BayCare Medical Center
Department of Pharmacy Services
2845 Greenbrier Road
Green Bay, WI 54311
Senior Vice President, Pharmacy Services
Tom Woller, MS, FASHP