Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology
Eligibility/prerequisites | Enrollment process | Curriculum | Tuition/related expenses | Schedule of classes | General information | Information sessions | Shadow experiences | UWM candidates| Forms | Request transcripts | Student handbook | Home
All candidates must submit the following information:
- School application form.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges/universities. All transcripts must be original and forwarded to us directly from the educational institution(s). Applicants submitting foreign transcripts must have them evaluated for equivalency in the United States.
- Three letters of recommendation or reference forms are required. Two of the three references should come from professional or educational affiliations. The third may be a personal reference.
- A brief autobiography, 1-2 typed pages, covering the past four years of the applicant's life. The narrative must also include the reason(s) for pursuing radiologic technology education.
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee, in the form of a personal check or money order, made payable to Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center.
- Each applicant must also attend a school information session. Attendance is mandatory. Applicants who fail to attend will not be considered. Failure to attend an information session will result in an incomplete application.
*students offered a position will be required to pass a drug screening prior to formal acceptance
Applicants are encouraged to send all materials, except transcripts, in a single mailing. We do not notify candidates of the arrival of application materials and as such applicants may wish to mail materials return receipt. All application materials become the property of Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology. We reserve the right to refuse the forwarding or copying of these materials.
Each applicant and other interested individuals must also attend a school information session. These sessions provide the applicant with an overview of the program and an opportunity to ask questions. Sessions are held in fall and winter [Information Session]
Required forms are available on the website and may be accessed from November 15 through January 25.
Completed applications and transcripts are accepted between November 1 and January 30. Mail application materials to:
School of Radiologic Technology
Aurora Health Care
180 W. Grange Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
The application deadline is January 30. All application materials must be postmarked no later than 4:00 p.m. Applications missing any of the above required elements will be deemed incomplete and ineligible for admission. We will defer incomplete applications until the following year.
The School does not maintain a waiting list rather an Admissions Committee selects the most qualified applicants on an annual basis.
All application elements are reviewed and scored. Applicants meeting the required minimum point value are invited for a personal interview with the Admissions Committee. Personal interviews are typically scheduled from late February through April. The decision of the Committee is based upon information provided in the application, in conjunction with a personal interview. Factors considered are:
- Candidate responses to interview questions
- Academic achievement
- Employment history
- Knowledge of radiologic technology/ radiography
- Compliance with all application requirements
- Perceived communication skills, motivation, ability to follow instructions and maturity and ability to provide compassionate patient care
The qualified applicants with the highest point values are selected for admission to the program.
The Admissions Committee will notify all applicants of their final decision in writing in May. The candidates who are offered positions must submit a written letter of acceptance and a non-refundable $250.00 application fee and must agree to a drug screening. The application fee is applied to the first year student fee.