Aurora news releases
Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington announces new and expanded services to the campusFriday, February 22, 2013
Services will address cancer, cardiac, women’s health and orthopedics
Burlington, WI – Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington will begin work this summer on the space previously dedicated to labor and delivery services to bring five enhancements to the facility.
The changes will directly help the hospital provide care for cancer, women’s health, cardiac and orthopedics. These new offerings will bring access to vital health care, closer to home, and allow the hospital to focus on the health care services the community needs most.
The new additions include:
• A Women’s Center based on guidelines from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers to advance the hospital’s clinical excellence in breast care and gynecological procedures
• An Infusion Center to meet the community’s growing need for intravenous therapy services, especially in the fight against cancer. This facility will include space for ultra-sound IV’s and peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC)
• A new Cardiac Rehab unit designed to deliver heart rehabilitation therapies closer to home
• A Transitional Care Center to help patients recover after a cardiac catheterization or interventional radiology procedure
• A Multi-use Surgical and Procedure Suite will add a fourth surgical room to the hospital’s campus, which will help with growing orthopedic volumes
Work on these new programs will begin this summer.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Contact: Adam Beeson
Join our social media communities for ongoing updates: