How we deliver quality
We continually strive to give high quality care and results. It is a promise we take very seriously. In order to deliver high quality, we have a step-by-step approach that is carried out across our entire organization.
Our main approach to delivering high quality is Care Management.
Care Management is a coordinated, patient-centered approach to finding better ways of preventing and treating health problems. The Care Management approach to quality means that we work together to:
- Define the health care needs of the people we serve
- Research the best ways to meet those needs
- Design a plan of action that can be carried out by all of our health professionals
- Measure our results (against national standards)
Who benefits from care management?
Everyone benefits! Our Care Management approach is applied to "initiatives," each focused on a specific health problem. These initiatives are geared to all the people we serve:
- People who are healthy need to know how to stay that way. For this group we focus on education, health screening and preventive testing.
- People who are acutely illneed to know they can have the best possible recovery. For this group we focus on treatment plans that follow national best practices (proven strategies).
- People with chronic (long-term) illnesses need to know how to take an active role in managing their disease. For this group we focus on education, building self-care skills, and partnering with patients and health care providers.
For more information on Aurora's care management initiatives, click here.
We measure our progress by establishing and striving to meet specific goals for each care management initiative. And we are compared with other health care systems across the nation by organizations focused on improving the quality of health care. For more information on how we are measured by others, click here.