How are we measured by others?
What is Premier?
Premier, Inc., is a national health care alliance whose goal is to improve the quality of patient care. One way they do this is to collect information (data) from more than 400 hospitals around the country and then report patient care results, comparing like hospitals to each other. For example, results from St. Luke's Medical Center are compared to those from hospitals of similar size and services around the country.
What kind of information (data) does Premier collect and report?
Premier collects data from its member hospitals (including all Aurora hospitals) on how well they are carrying out specific treatment measures for patients. The treatment measures being reported are those proven to give the best possible outcomes to patients in the hospital for:
- Coronary (heart) artery bypass graft surgery
- Heart failure
- Acute myocardial infarct (AMI, heart attack)
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Hip and knee replacement
- Back and neck surgery
- Dorsal and lumbar surgery
All of our hospitals keep track and report their results on specific measures related to these conditions or diagnoses. For example, we report how many days these patients spend in the hospital, the costs of their care, and whether they had complications. We also report whether we follow national recommendations on specific treatment measures, such as giving certain types of medications to patients with heart failure and heart attack.
How is Aurora doing?
Click on any Aurora hospital below to see how it compares with others across the nation, according to the Premier measures.
- Aurora BayCare Medical Center (Green Bay)
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center (Elkhorn)
- Aurora Medical Center in Two Rivers
- Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha
- Aurora Medical Center in Hartford
- Aurora Medical Center in Oshkosh
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center (Milwaukee)
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center (Milwaukee)
- Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington
- Aurora St. Luke's South Shore (Cudahy)
- Aurora West Allis Medical Center