[ Sign up online ]
Aurora BayCare Medical Center needs volunteers looking for a great way to make a valuable contribution to our community.
The volunteers at Aurora BayCare Medical Center are considered valuable members of our team. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in other peoples lives. We would help you find a role that best suits your interests.
Below are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Aurora BayCare Medical Center:
- Musicians - Provide musical entertainment either on our grand piano in the Atrium or other instruments directly on the patient floors for the patients and visitors.
- Gift Shop - Volunteer for either day or evening shifts assisting customers with gift selection.
- Escorts - To assist incoming patients, family members and friends to their destination. Escorts also deliver flowers and mail to the patients. Four hour shifts between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Reading Program - For the person who perhaps cannot stand long hours we have a bedside reading program where volunteers read the newspaper or whatever is requested to the patients.
- Surgery Waiting - Assist in the Surgery Waiting areas for hour shifts weekdays either morning or afternoon.
- Library Cart - Volunteers bring books, magazines, videos to the patient rooms.
- Cookie Baking - Volunteers to bake cookies on the patient floors for patients and visitors.
- Patient Life Stories - This involves interviewing a patient about their life, then writing a short story about them, bringing it back for patient approval, typing it up and placing it on the patient's chart so their caregiver has some insight on the individual aside from the person's health.
- Teen Volunteers - We are very dedicated to growing our teen volunteer program to expose teens to healthcare fields in the hope of attracting them to health care some time in the future.
Whatever a volunteer's assignment, each knows that he/she meaningfully supports our number one priority, the best care for our patients.