Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center of Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc.
[ Sign up online ]
Become a St. Luke's Medical Center volunteer
The volunteers at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center are valuable members of our health care team. By volunteering, you will make the lives of those less fortunate more comfortable. You have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our many patients and their families. When you share a few hours of your time each week, you are showing the community that you care... not to mention how good you will feel knowing you've just helped make someone else better. And, you can learn new skills and meet new friends.
And for a few hours of your time you will:
- Enrich your life by helping others
- Put your talents to work
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills and assume new roles
- Patient/visitor transporters. Requires physical ability to push people in wheelchairs and verbal communication skills. Any 4-hour shift Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a great way to get exercise. Some of our volunteers wear pedometers and record 4 to 7 miles in one shift!
- Guest assistant. So much more than an information desk. Volunteers are stationed at several of our hallway intersections to offer directions to and walk with our visitors and patients. Any day, any time between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Requires the ability to smile and be pleasant.
- Gift Shop associate. Our gift shop is a busy and very pleasant place to help people with their gift purchases. Requires the ability to stand and to learn to use the cash register.
Frequently asked questions
What is the age requirement for volunteering?
You should be at least 15 years of age to volunteer at our hospital.
What kinds of things do volunteers do at the hospital?
We currently have volunteers in 73 different areas of assignment. Assignments are varied. Some include interaction with patients, some are in office settings.
Do I get to pick my assignment?
The choice of hospital is yours. The specific assignment is determined after your personal interview. We will work together to match your time availability, skills and interests with the needs of the hospital. The greatest needs are weekdays during daytime hours.
How many days (hours) do you expect of me?
We ask volunteers to make a regular commitment of at least one day for 3-4 hours each week. However, after completing the application and general training process, we will work with you if you need greater flexibility.
Do I have to buy a uniform?
Uniforms are provided by the hospital.
Where do I park?
Volunteers at St. Luke's park in the attached parking structure.
[ * Required fields ]