Preparing for Labor and Birth - 2012 Dates, A One Day Express Class
Register mother only (coach/partner is included in registration/fee). Include in your registration: physician name, due date and hospital delivering at. Please register early; consider taking this class in your 6th or 7th month of pregnancy if possible.
Labor and Birth Objectives:
· Discuss Stages of Labor and coach's role through each stage
· Practice relaxation and breathing techniques to assist and understand the experience of labor and birth (lmited time)
· Identification and explanation of possible warning signs related to labor. Examples of warning signs: pre-term labor, possible hypertension, and contractions; when to call your doctor when experiencing these signs
· Become aware of medical interventions that may be used during labor
· Learn and understand pain relief options available (including epidurals)
· Discuss unexpected outcomes including use of pitocin and C-Section deliveries
· What to pack for the trip to the hospital; learn the process of hospital admission
Class size is limited, Register early if possible. A tour of the birthing center will be included.
To add value to your educational experience, please assist us by reading the attached pre-assessment form (link below) and email your comments to Robin.Liebherr@aurora.org. Information obtained will assist instructors to understand your knowledge level and readiness for learning.
*Please note: If you are expecting twins or more, we offer a comprehensive childbirth class appropriately titled, Twins and More, that you may be interested in.
Bring to class:
OB folder, "Becoming A Family", (given to you by your physician office)
2 bed pillows and a small throw blanket.
Snack/brown bag lunch or the cafeteria will be open
A confirmation letter is electronically sent once registration is submitted. Call our Prenatal Education Department at 414-328-7788 or toll free 888-524-8555. with any questions.
Payment information: Pre-payment required. Register and pay online now with a credit/debit card to reserve your place in class. If you choose to pay by check, registration will not be confirmed until payment is received. Please print the registration form and make sure to include the class title and dates your prefer on the registration form and mail completed form along with your check to:
Childbirth Education Programs
8901 W. Lincoln Ave. M312
West Allis, WI 53227
Please make checks payable to: Women's Health Services. If class is full at time payment is received, you will be notified and your payment will be returned.
Please inquire with your employer regarding reimbursement of class fees through a health savings account/flexible spending account or private insurance.
Cancellations: Refunds will be issued for cancellations received 72 hours prior to the start of class.
Bad Weather Cancellations: Classes may be cancelled due to severe inclement weather or unsafe travel conditions. Cancellations will be announced on TMJ4 Television and radio station. You may also call the hospital operator at 414-328-6000.
* Please note: The number of participants registered on the waiting list will determine if an additional class will be added.
To view related classes, return to the search page and choose "childbirth and parenting" from under the category menu.
[ Ask the coordinator a question about this event ]