Breastfeeding Your Baby: Basics & Pumping and Storing COMBINED CLASS
Register mother only (coach/partner is included in registration). Please include in your registration: physician name, due date and hospital. Register early. Class size is limited.
- Learn the health, financial and "green" benefits of breastfeeding for baby, mom, family and community.
- Learn how to encourage and help mom reach her goal of successfully breastfeeding baby, and how their role in caring for baby has a major impact on baby, mom and the family. FAQ: Do dads/support people attend Breastfeeding Class? Answer: We average about 80% of dads/support people attending class.
- Learn how to recognize if breastfeeding is going well; including how breast milk is made, baby's feeding cues, positioning, latching baby to breast, frequency and length of feedings, and how to know if baby is getting enough breast milk.
- Mom and her support person will learn how to prevent and treat complications, and where to find help if they do occur.
- Mom and her support person will learn steps to successfully combine breast and bottle feeding, when and how to introduce a bottle to baby and how to help maintain your milk supply.
- Options for breastfeeding when returning to work, school or during a separation from baby (including weaning) and how to store breast milk safely
Bring to class:
"Gift of Motherhood" book, (if received from previous prenatal class, otherwise will be provided)
Snack/beverage (if you choose) or Cafeteria is open 7 days a week from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm.
Inclement Weather Cancellations: Classes may be canceled due to severe inclement weather or unsafe travel conditions. Cancellations will be announced on TMJ4 Television and radio station or call the Women's and Children's Care Center at 262-329-4700.
To view related classes, return to the search page and choose "childbirth and parenting" from under the category menu.
[ Ask the coordinator a question about this event ]