Breastfeeding Your Baby: Basics & Pumping and Storing COMBINED CLASS, 2013 Dates
Register mother only (coach/partner is included in registration/fee). Please include in your registration: physician name, due date and hospital. Register early. Class size is limited, pre-payment is necessary to reserve your place.
- Learn the health, financial and "green" benefits of breastfeeding for baby, mom, family and community.
- Learn how to encourage and help mom reach her goal of successfully breastfeeding baby, and how their role in caring for baby has a major impact on baby, mom and the family. FAQ: Do dads/support people attend Breastfeeding Class? Answer: We average about 80% of dads/support people attending class.
- Learn how to recognize if breastfeeding is going well; including how breast milk is made, baby's feeding cues, positioning, latching baby to breast, frequency and length of feedings, and how to know if baby is getting enough breast milk.
- Mom and her support person will learn how to prevent and treat complications, and where to find help if they do occur.
- Mom and her support person will learn steps to successfully combine breast and bottle feeding, when and how to introduce a bottle to baby and how to help maintain your milk supply.
- Options for breastfeeding when returning to work, school or during a separation from baby (including weaning) and how to store breast milk safely
Bring to class:
"Becoming a Family", Booklet, (given to you by your physician)
"Gift of Motherhood" book, (received from another childbirth education class, otherwise you will receive one in class)
Snack/beverage (cafeteria and/or vending machines are available)
Payment Information: Register and pay online now with a credit/debit card to reserve your place in class. If you choose to pay by check, please print the registration form and make sure to include the class title and date you prefer on the registration form. Please mail completed form along with your check (made payable to Women's Health Services) to:
Childbirth Education Programs
8901 W. Lincoln Ave. M312
West Allis, WI 53227
If class is full at the time payment (check) is received, you will be notified and your payment will be returned. Refunds will be issued for cancellations received 72 hours prior to the start of class. (Please inquire with your employer regarding reimbursement of class fees through a health savings account or flexible spending plan.)
Inclement Weather Cancellations: Classes may be canceled due to severe inclement weather or unsafe travel conditions. Cancellations will be announced on TMJ4 Television and radio station. You may also call the hospital operator at 414-328-6000 to inquire about class cancellations
To view related classes, return to the search page and choose "childbirth and parenting" from under the category menu.
[ Ask the coordinator a question about this event ]