Preparing for Labor and Birth, (with additional time to practice breathing and relaxation), 2013
Register mother only (coach/partner is included in registration/fee) Include in your registration: physician name, due date and hospital. Please register early; consider taking this class in your 6th or 7th month of pregnancy if possible.
· Explore medical and non/medical approaches for managing labor pains
· Emphasis on comfort measures, including focused breathing, positioning, massage, relaxation, visualization, aromatherapy and more
· The Birth Partner's role - ways to provide support and assistance
· Building confidence in your ability to give birth
· Creating a safe and satisfying birth experience
· Tour of the birthing center
Register early. Because class size is limited, pre-payment is necessary to reserve your place in class.
*Please note: If you are expecting twins or more, we offer a childbirth class appropriately titled, Twins and More, that you may be interested in taking in addition to this class.
Bring to class each week:
- "Becoming a Family" Booklet (given to you by your physician's office)
- Two bed pillows and a small throw blanket
- Snack and beverage (if you choose)
Payment Information: Register and pay online now with a credit/debit card to reserve your place in class. If you choose to pay by check, registration will not be confirmed until payment is received. Please print the registration form and make sure to include the class title and dates your prefer on the registration form and mail completed form along with your check to:
Childbirth Education Programs
8901 W. Lincoln Ave. M312,
West Allis, WI 53227
Checks are made payable to: Women's Health Services. If class is full at time of payment is received, you will be notified and your payment will be returned.
Please inquire with your employer regarding reimbursement of class fees through a health savings account or flexible spending plan.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received 72 hours prior to the start of class.
Bad Weather Cancellations: Classes may be cancelled due to severe inclement weather or unsafe travel conditions. Cancellations will be announced on TMJ4 Television and radio station. You may also call the hospital operator at 414-328-6000 to inquire about class cancellations.
*Please note - the number of participants registered on wait list will determine if an additional class will be added.
To view related classes, return to the search page and choose "childbirth and parenting" from under the category menu.
[ Ask the coordinator a question about this event ]