Labor, Birth and Beyond - A One Day Express Class - 2013
Register mother only Include in your registration: physician name, due date and hospital delivering at. Please register early; consider taking this class in your 6th or 7th month of pregnancy if possible.
Labor and Birth Objectives:
· Discuss Stages of Labor and coach's role through each stage
· Identification and explanation of possible warning signs related to labor. Examples of warning signs: pre-term labor, possible hypertension, and contractions; when to call your doctor when experiencing these signs
· Become aware of medical interventions that may be used during labor
· Learn and understand pain relief options available (including epidurals)
· Discuss unexpected outcomes including use of Pitocin and C-Section deliveries
· What to pack for the trip to the hospital; learn the process of hospital admission
Class size is limited, Register early if possible. A tour of the birthing center will be included.
To add value to your educational experience, please assist us by reading the attached pre-assessment form (link below) and email your comments to Kathleen.Gruszecki@aurora.org. Information obtained will assist instructors to understand your knowledge level and readiness for learning.
Bring to class:
"Gift of Motherhood" book (if received from previous prenatal class, otherwise will be provided.)
Snack and Beverage (if you choose) or Cafeteria is open 7 days a week from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm.
A confirmation letter is electronically sent once registration is submitted. Call our Prenatal Education Department at 262-329-4907 with any questions.
Payment information: Pre-payment is required to reserve your place in class. If you choose to pay by check, please make check payable to Women's Health Services and mail to AMCG, Attn: LDRP/Childbirth Education, 975 Port Washington Road, Grafton, WI 53024.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received 72 hours prior to the start of class.
Bad Weather Cancellations: Classes may be canceled due to severe inclement weather or unsafe travel conditions. Cancellations will be announced on TMJ4 Television and radio station or call the Women's and Children's Care Center at 262-329-4700.
* Please note: The number of participants registered on the waiting list will determine if an additional class will be added.
To view related classes, return to the search page and choose "childbirth and parenting" from under the category menu.
[ Ask the coordinator a question about this event ]