Facts about construction of Aurora Medical Center in Summit
Skip to content
Facts about construction of Aurora Medical Center
- The 2,458 tons of structural steel used in the construction is almost one-third the weight of the Eiffel Tower.
- The 42,000 cubic yards of concrete is enough to cover 40 football fields.
- The 3,282 tons of steel reinforcing in the concrete is equivalent to the weight of 3,500 automobiles.
- The 145,824 square feet of precast brick panels that will make up the building's exterior would cover one and a half Washington Monuments.
- The 1.3 million pounds of ductwork being installed is equivalent to two fully loaded Boeing 747s.
- The 450,000 lineal feet of plumbing pipe would stretch from Milwaukee to Oshkosh.
- The 550 miles of electrical wire would stretch from Milwaukee to Pittsburgh, Pa.
You will now be directed to .