Aurora West Allis Medical Center
8901 W Lincoln Ave.
West Allis, WI 53227
Phone: 414-328-6000 • Fax: 414-328-8536
Map and Driving Directions
Hours of Operation:24 hours/day, 7 days a week.Individual departments vary.
Aurora West Allis Medical Centeroffers advanced care in a number of specialties:
- 24-hour emergency room and emergency services
- Ambulatory day surgery: general surgery, gynecology, cataract, orthopedics, arthroscopy of knees an shoulders, ear, nose and throat, pain procedures
- Aurora Women’s Pavilion offers tertiary women’s services
- Medical oncology services
- Radiation oncology services
- Cancer genetic counseling
- Cardiac services/cardiac rehabilitation
- Critical care services
- Diabetes education
- Driver Readiness Program
- Fast track–urgent care services
- Home care–provided on-site by the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association
- Inpatient medical/surgical care
- Inpatient rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Interventional radiology
- Laser and laparoscopic surgery
- Nutrition services
- Outpatient clinics for foot and ankle, and orthopedics
- Outpatient diagnostic services
- Outpatient pharmacy
- Outpatient rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech therapy, as well as amputee, aquatics, continence, fibromyalgia, hand therapy, lymphedema, orthotics, osteoporosis)
- Outreach and community programs (link to special page)
Pain management center
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Myofacial pain
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Pulmonary medicine/rehabilitation
- Radiation oncology
Radiology (imaging) services
- Fixed-site MRI
- 64-slice CT and PET-CT– Three dimensional imaging
- Digital mammography
- Sexual assault treatment center
- Laser and laparoscopic surgery
- Robotic surgery (gynecological and urologic)
- Wound care and hyperbaric medicine
Cashier: Hospital bill payments can be made to the cashier, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Payments also can be made at My Aurora.
Hospital bill: Your hospital bill will be submitted to your insurance company. Please keep in mind that you will receive separate bills from doctors who treat you while you are in the hospital. In some cases, you may receive bills from doctors who have been asked to review your test results, even though you did not see the doctor in person. Pathologists, radiologists, cardiologists and other specialists will bill you separately from your hospital bill.
If you have any questions about any bill, please call the number printed on your bill. To pay your bill online, go to My Aurora.
Financial counseling: Financial counselors can help if you have concerns about how you will pay your hospital bill. They will answer questions about your bill and discuss payment options. If you do not have insurance, they will help you find out if you qualify for Medicaid or for our Helping Hand Financial Program.
If you would like to speak with a financial counselor, you may call 414-328-6879.
A registered dietitian can talk with you to answer questions and help you plan meals. This session requires a doctor's order. Please call for an appointment.
Central Scheduling: 414-328-6444
Diabetes Education: 414-328-6214
While in the hospital, your doctor will prescribe a diet for you. If you have special diet restrictions or would like to receive kosher meals, please ask your nurse. At times, your meal may have to be changed, delayed, or canceled due to exams, tests or surgery. Check with your nurse before eating or drinking any food items brought to you by visitors.
Patient Satisfaction Survey
You may receive a patient satisfaction survey from the hospital asking about your stay. Please fill out the survey and mail it back in the stamped envelope provided. We take pride in the quality and service we provide to you, but we know that there is always room for improvement. We will consider your comments and respond to areas that need attention. Thank you for helping improve our hospital.
Skylight ACCESS Interactive Patient System
The system includes free cable stations, an on-demand health video library, healing music and guided imagery, and a comedy channel. There is also an optional pay-per-day entertainment package that can be purchased by patients or their families that provides access to movies on-demand, games, Internet and email.
Skylight also allows patients to request services directly through their TVs, including food service, housekeeping, maintenance and others.