Quality and the pursuit of perfection
Hear from our physicians
Aurora Health Care has been named the top-performing health system in the country in a national Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Premier healthcare alliance pay-for-performance project. The initiative rewards hospitals for improving and delivering higher quality care in five major clinical areas: congestive heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, heart bypass surgery, and hip and knee replacement.
Aurora Health Care continues to be one of the top performing health care systems since the Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project's inception in 2004.
Aurora hospitals have excelled in several of the quality areas.
- Aurora's hospitals are top performers in 40 of the 47 quality areas that are measured. This is the most of any system.
- Aurora hospitals received incentive payments in 24 quality areas, the most of any system in the country.
- Ten of the Aurora hospitals that have been a part of the quality effort are in the top for care of people with pneumonia.
These measures of excellence in the hospital setting are made possible by the excellent care our caregivers provide in all of our settings across eastern Wisconsin, including physician offices, home health, pharmacies, and hospice. It is no longer about being good. It is about pursuing perfection.
Recognition of our work
Aurora Health Care continues to receive national recognition for quality and patient safety.
- Aurora Health Care's medical group received a national award for excellence from the American Medical Group Association in recognition of its accomplishments in the areas of quality, service and innovation and its focus on excellence, service, respect, teamwork and accountability.
- Hospitals & Health Networks Magazine has named Aurora Health Care one of the Most Wired health care providers for the 5th consecutive year. Aurora is the only southeastern Wisconsin health care system to receive the recognition.
- The Institute for Safe Medication Practices recognized Aurora for accomplishments in patient safety.
- Aurora Medical Group was an honoree for the American Medical Association's Acclaim Award for our Care Management initiative focused on cholesterol management in coronary artery disease. The award rewards quality improvement efforts that measurably improve health outcomes and quality of life for patients.