Continuing Medical Education
As an accredited sponsor of continuing education activities, we are bound by our accreditation to adopt the Wisconsin Medical Society guidelines for CME materials. These guidelines will help ensure that we are in compliance, as well as developing high-quality materials that are consistent with the Aurora visual identity. Please direct questions regarding the state medical society standards for CME materials to the Aurora CME office, 414-525-2530.
- "Save-the-date" materials
- Registration and conference materials
- Serial conference templates
- Brochure guidelines
Save-the-date materials such as postcards or posters, must be limited in content. Save-the-date materials should only include the following:
- The program title
- Date of program
- Time and place of the program
- The general topics covered
- The course director
- Phone number for more information.
These pieces cannot list credit information, speakers, or any other promotional information.
Registration and conference materials may include flyers, brochures, posters, newspaper articles, etc. These materials must include the following information:
- Accreditation statements
- Program objectives
- Target audience
- Listing of educational grants (if applicable)
- Sponsor logo (Aurora Health Care only, unless joint sponsorship), where applicable
- ADA statement: Aurora Health Care subscribes to the articles of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Should you or anyone accompanying you require special assistance, please notify us at xxx-xxxx (insert phone number of your conference contact)
- Aurora's CME Web page (www.Aurora.org/AuroraCME)
- The following events statement: For a complete listing of all Aurora Health Care CME programs, visit our website at www.Aurora.org/CMEActivities
- Sample brochure
The templates below should be used when promoting serial conference activities. The use of these templates will help us to ensure accuracy of the information and a consistent, recognizable look for the CME activities.
The templates follow the Wisconsin Medical Society specific guidelines for what information is required on all CME materials.
Please use the following checklist to ensure that the invitation, advertisement, or brochure for your program corresponds to the requirements established by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Wisconsin Medical Society Council on Medical Education.