Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market
Welcome to the student experience page for the Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market. This market includes an 84 bed hospital (Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh – AMCO), 12 clinics, VNA and other ambulatory services.
For clinical placement information click on www.fvhca.org, find the Student Clinical Placements tab and complete requested forms as indicated.
All Students and Instructor Orientation
- Nursing students - please scroll down to additional required information prior to clinical experience
Helpful Information Before You Start:
Step 1: Click on http://www.fvhca.org/Students to review the Orientation Instructions; complete the following two modules in this order:
- FVHCA: Infection Control – Bloodborne Pathogens/OSHA – Safety Orientation
- FVHCA: HIPAA-Confidentiality-Compliance Orientation module
Step 2: Complete the Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market Orientation module on-line: Click Here
Step 3: Print ONE of the Orientation Checklists below applicable to your student experience:
- Aurora Undergraduate (Hospital) Student Orientation Checklist
- Aurora Undergraduate (Clinic) Student Orientation Checklist
- Aurora Graduate Student Orientation Checklist
Complete the checklist with your preceptor or instructor. Sign and turn in to AMCO Education Department.
Step 4: Submit the following forms to your clinical instructor or school coordinator AFTER you complete on-line orientation:
- FVHCA Form A: Confidentiality Agreement
- FVHCA Form B: Orientation Modules 1 and 2 Completion Form
- FVHCA Form C: Organization Specific Orientation Confirmation Form
* These forms must be on file with your school for regulatory purposes.
- New Instructor Orientation Checklist
- Returning Instructor Checklist
- Computer ID and Passwords (for Cerner Documentation)
Nursing Students and Clinical Instructors
Nursing students and clinical instructors - please review the following prior to your clinical experience:
- StatStrip Blood Glucose Meters (will need to be checked off by Superuser):
- Medication Administration – eMar
- IV and Central Line Policy (if applicable to rotation)
- Blood Administration Policy
- Abbreviations Unacceptable in Documentation
- We use Alaris™ Smart Pumps – please use the correct profile and Guardrails for ALL infusions. Do not use Basic Infusion.
- DVDs and procedural checklists are available to review pumps and other equipment.
- Just check with the Education Department, ext. 7196, 7389 or 7493
Happy Learning and Welcome to Aurora!
For questions, please contact Jenny Penn, Clinical Nurse Educator and Student Coordinator and leave a message at (920) 456-7389 or email Jenny.Penn@aurora.org
For urgent concerns or requests, please contact:
The Education Department
Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
855 N. Westhaven Dr. Oshkosh, WI 54904
Office: (920) 456-7196 or 456-7347
Fax: (920) 456-7348