Audiology services & programs
Hearing evaluation: Our audiologists provide comprehensive testing services. All testing is performed in a sound booth with state-of-the-art equipment. Aurora Health Care's audiologists are skilled in testing all ages (including infants) as well as those with special needs.
Hearing aid evaluation: Aurora's audiologists have excellent interpersonal skills and are known for developing long-term relationships with the families they work with. Counseling is provided in a comfortable manner. The audiologist guides the patient through amplification decisions. Our audiologists are caring professionals that are technically trained in all types and levels of amplification solutions.
Hearing aid dispensing: Aurora's audiologists can dispense hearing aids from a variety of manufacturers. This allows the audiologist freedom to customize the fitting to the person's individual needs and preferences.
Hearing aid checks and maintenance: Our audiologists are committed to the long-term satisfaction of their hearing aid patients. We work with patients as long as it takes to ensure they are satisfied.
Advanced and specialty testing: We provide a variety of specialized testing for those with medical or special needs.
- Electronystamography (ENG)
- Electrocochleography (EcoG)
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR)
- Multiple Auditory Steady State Evoked Response (MASTER)
- Otoacoustic Emission Testing
- Intraoperative Monitoring
Interpreter services available for any and all appointment types upon request and at no charge.
Community programs to improve hearing
Our audiologists participate and collaborate with other providers to bring comprehensive service to the community.
- Universal Newborn Hearing Screening. Babies born at all Aurora hospitals are screened at birth for hearing loss. The audiologists collaborate with the nursery staff to ensure that any baby who need it receives timely and appropriate follow up testing, counseling and treatment.
- Balance and Vestibular Program. We work closely with physicians and physical therapists to ensure that disorders associated with dizziness are properly diagnosed and treated. Learn more about Aurora Rehabilitation Center's Balance and Vestibular programs and locations.
- Community service. The audiologists at Aurora Health Care are dedicated professionals who participate in various programs to education and service the public. Each audiologist donates time every year to provide hearing screenings and counseling services at various health fairs.