Volunteering with Aurora at Home
Volunteers enhance services through activities such as providing respite care and other assistance for hospice patients and their families, performing clerical work in an Aurora at Home office, helping with fund-raising events, or serving on the board and committees.
Aurora at Home Hospice and Palliative Care Program
Aurora at Home Hospice and Palliative Care program is in need of caring and dependable volunteers. Volunteers are needed in many locations throughout Eastern Wisconsin to assist our hospice patients and their families. Examples of some things volunteers might do include:
- Visiting with patients in a nursing facility
- Putting together care baskets
- Chatting with patients
- Helping out at an office location
In addition to volunteering in patient homes and in the community, you may be interested in the Zilber Family Hospice residence. This beautiful inpatient facility is located in Wauwatosa and offers many opportunities.
You do not need medical training to be a volunteer, just a desire to share your time and talents. You must be at least 18 years of age, have your own transportation, and be willing to complete the two-day training program or individual training. Volunteer times are flexible according to your interests and availability.
We also have a special program available for "professional volunteers," people who would be willing to share their skills such as massage therapists, beauticians, social workers, attorneys, music and pet therapists, and more.
If you are interested in becoming a hospice volunteer or if you would like to receive a brochure about volunteer opportunities you may send us a message or call any of the numbers listed below.
- Green Bay area: 920-288-5100
- Washington County: 800-862-2201
- Walworth, Kenosha, and Racine Counties: 262-757-2575
- Manitowoc County: 920-794-5100
- Milwaukee Metro area: 414-327-2295
- Oshkosh area: 920-456-2050
- Sheboygan area: 920-449-7600
- Aurora at Home Zilber Family Hospice: 414-615-5900