Bariatric services at Aurora Medical Center in Summit
Feel Better about the Future through Weight Loss
Losing weight can have a positive impact on your long-term health by lowering the risk for serious medical complications. Losing even just 10 percent of your body weight can:
- Reduce your chance of developing diabetes.
- Reduce your the risk for high blood pressure, increased cholesterol levels, acid reflux, sleep apnea, heart disease and other health conditions.
- Minimize injury to your joints, including hips, knees and ankles - making it easier to engage in physical activity and contributing to additional weight loss.
The Bariatric Surgery Program at Aurora Medical Center in Summit
The decision to undergo bariatric surgery is personal and life changing. At the Bariatric Surgery Program at Aurora Medical Center in Summit, we believe that when it comes to selecting the right resource for significant weight loss assistance, one size does not fit everyone. We offer several weight loss options to fit your individual needs, including:
- Medical Weight Loss: Using dietary counseling, exercise counseling, behavioral methods and medication if appropriate to lose weight.
- Adjustable Gastric Banding: An inflatable silicone band is placed around the upper part of the stomach to restrict food passage.
- Gastric Sleeve Resection: Removing 85% of your stomach to decrease appetite and aid in portion control.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: Uses a combination of reducing the stomach size with diverting the digestive process to decrease absorption in the intestine.
Expert Bariatric Medical Team
Led by Peter Garza Jr, MD, a board-certified surgeon with expertise in performing laparoscopic bariatric surgery procedures, a team of specialists provide sensitive, compassionate and knowledgeable support to help you reach your goals. We partner with you to promote your physical and emotional success.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Make the choice to be a healthier you. Take the first step by attending a free information seminar.
Aurora Medical Center in Summit
6 p.m. - 8 p.m., Draper Hall
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
- November 14
- December 12
Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
3 p.m. - 5 p.m., Conference Room C
- August 14
- October 9
- December 11
Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington
3 p.m. - 5 p.m., Board Room
- September 11
- November 13
To register for a seminar and learn more about our program, please contact the Bariatric Program Coordinator at 262-434-7277 or fill out this contact form.