Credentialing and training
- Aurora EAP requires potential EAP counselors to submit the following:
- Current copies of their degree(s)
- Licensure(s) or certification(s)
- Malpractice insurance
- An application to be considered for EAP counselor status
- All EAP counselors are required to have a Masters degree in behavioral health, experience in EAP services and at least 5 years of experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Staff members are also required to participate in continuing education.
- With permission, Aurora EAP follows up with clients to determine if they have made progress, connected with their referral or have additional needs.
- If a client is in need of additional information or service, we will assist them either by phone or in-person.
- If they have not connected or have a concern about the referral, the EAP counselor will assist them in resolving the matter.
- We request outcome data to determine if there is any improvement in the clients productivity, relationships at work and personal life.
Individual customer satisfaction
- Aurora EAP requests that clients complete a confidential survey to measure satisfaction.
- The survey measures the clients satisfaction with their EAP counselor, with any referral(s) and with the EAP in general.
- We track satisfaction results in aggregate and by provider.
- EAP counselors are given feedback on their individual customer satisfaction ratings as well as an overall rating for all Aurora EAP services.
- Plans for quality improvement are developed for the department, service team and with the EAP counselor if quality concerns arise.
- Specific complaints and compliments are received by:
- Customer satisfaction survey
- We resolve all complaints immediately with the employee.
- If that cannot be done, we will notify the employee that we will investigate the complaint and get back to them with a resolution within five (5) working days.
- Complaints are reviewed with the Manager, Clinical Services to determine that the issue was resolved to the customer's satisfaction and within the proper time frames.
- Complaints and compliment trends are discussed within team meetings and used to evaluate and improve customer service.
- A plan for quality improvement is developed with the EAP counselor following any complaint.
- If quality improvement issues are not addressed or continue, we will terminate the employment contract with that counselor.
- Any ethical concerns are cause for immediate termination of our contract with an EAP counselor.
Clinical record review
- Aurora EAP does peer review of EAP clinical paperwork for clinical appropriateness.
- Quality concerns may prompt a plan for improvement that includes specific steps an EAP counselor must take to improve the
quality of service.
- If quality improvement issues are not addressed or continue, the EAP counselor contract will be terminated.
- For key customer service processes, standards of service are identified and then monitored for quality.
- Studies provide objective data and an opportunity to improve processes, improve service, and measure effectiveness.