Cancer Care Newsletters
Since launching in December 2012, Aurora Cancer Care Connection...Your Caring Connection for Support During Cancer Care, provides quarterly updates for you regarding the latest resources, research, as well as staff expertise on various areas of interest.
Articles are provided by oncology team members including physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, nutritionists and others.
Please share your interests with us so we can better determine features for future issues. We welcome your feedback and recommendations.
Spring 2014 Issue
Edition 6, Spring 2014 (PDF, 469 KB)
- Message from the Vice President, Aurora Cancer Care
- How Pallative Care Can Enhance the Quantity and Quality of Your Life
- New Aurora Health Care Spanish Clinic
- New Aurora Health Care Center to Open in Kenosha
- Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation Provices $610,000 for Local Cancer Care and Research
Winter 2013 - 2014 Issue
Vol. 2, Issue 1, Winter 2013 - 2014 (PDF, 2,244 KB)
- Aurora Health Care receives recognition for cancer care from largest oncology society in United States
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Breast cancer recurrence rates
- What are clinical trials?
- Special attention for special medication needs
- Upright stereotactic breast biopsy unit
- After autologous stem cell transplant, business leader wants to "make people's lives better"
- Female-Focused Care
June 2013 Issue
Vol. 1, Issue 3, June 2013 (PDF, 152 KB)
- Aurora Cancer Care team highlight: Radiation oncology
- Help tackle cancer with Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation
- Aurora Specialty Pharmacy: Better for you, better for patients
- Aurora massage therapists: Touching the lives of people living with cancer
- New medical oncologist
March 2013 Issue
Vol. 2, Issue 1, March 2013 (PDF, 1,485 KB)
- Get to know your team – oncology nursing
- Ways to fight the common cold virus
- Cancer support groups
- Cancer care updates: New Neenah location, Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Program re-accreditation, Aurora Cancer Care site anniversary
December 2012 Issue
Vol. 1, Issue 1, December 2012 (PDF, 832 KB)
- The 12 steps to managing holiday stress
- How to navigate the holiday eating season during treatment
- Community resources
- Cancer nurse navigators