Cancer Nurse Navigators
Aurora's Cancer Nurse Navigators serve as advocates, coordinators, educators and partners at each stage of the cancer journey to help ease your fears and concerns.
Each Nurse Navigator is an experienced registered nurse who specializes in the care and support of cancer patients and their families. The Navigator's goal is to help you every step of the way.
The uncertainty of cancer can be frightening. We believe in empowering you with the support and knowledge that you need to address this disease. Our Cancer Nurse Navigators can help when:
- You are newly diagnosed with cancer or with a recurrence
- You or your family have questions related to a cancer diagnosis or treatment
- You need assistance coordinating upcoming appointments, tests or procedures
- You or a family member are struggling with the emotional side of cancer
Your Navigator will be there whenever and however you need support. Examples of the individual services provided by our nurse navigators include:
- Listening to your needs and concerns
- Providing education
- Explaining complicated treatment options and diagnostic tests
- Coordinating appointments
- Connecting you to the specialists you need, when you need them
- Ensuring that you and your family have access to all of the programs and services available to effectively cope during this difficult time
For more information regarding how your nurse navigator can assist you throughout your cancer journey, download our Guide for Your Cancer Journey (PDF, 1 MB).
To be connected with a Cancer Nurse Navigator near you, please call 800-252-2990.