Launched last year, Cardiovascular News & Views showcases Aurora Health Care’s innovative medical procedures and techniques, physician and staff expertise and excellent patient care.
Cardiac specialists provide reviews on emerging therapies, procedures and technologies for medical professionals to consider in their daily practices.
The newsletter also provides information about Aurora’s cutting-edge research, groundbreaking technology use and volumes, demonstrating how Aurora’s cardiac services and staff are first, unique and most experienced.
Please share your interests with us so we can better determine features for future editions.
Vol. 2, No. 3, November 2013 (PDF, 4,570 KB)
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Aurora St. Luke’s cardiology, heart surgery program in nation’s top 50
- Advanced heart failure specialist leads Aurora’s heart transplant, ventricular assist device program
- Number of heart transplants surpasses 800 mark with three in 36 hours at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
- A heartbeat away from tragedy: Uncovering a hidden heart issue helped Aurora patient stay on healthy plan
- Researchers test safety, effectiveness of heart failure management system
Vol. 2, No. 2, July 2013 (PDF, 2,448 KB)
- Aurora launches sudden cardiac death prevention center
- Researchers study alternative option for coronary heart disease treatment
- SURTAVI open to intermediate surgical risk study participants
- Third time’s the charm for cardiac bypass patient: California man finds Aurora researcher after running out of options back home
Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2013 (PDF, 3,027 KB)
- Aurora specialists study alternative approach to prevent stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Electrophysiologist, heart failure specialist join Aurora’ cardiology staff
- Aurora cardiac teams test safety, efficacy of laser atherectomy, drug-eluting balloon angioplasty
- For high-quality heart care, ‘snowbird’ flies home to Aurora St. Luke’s
- Aurora authors highlight imaging modality for evaluation of left atrial mechanics
Vol. 1, No. 3, 2012: October 2012 (PDF, 1,337 KB)
- U.S. News ranks Aurora St. Luke’s cardiac program in nation’s top 50
- Model for care: Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic provides multidisciplinary approach to practical, comprehensive patient management
- Aurora surgeon, transplant cardiologist use total artificial heart as bridge to transplant
- Aurora cardiac team tests safety, effectiveness of bilateral renal denervation in patients with uncontrolled hypertension
- Aurora Health Care cardiologists study stem cell therapies for chronic myocardial ischemia, STEMI
- Recent publications: Aurora Cardiovascular Services physicians have long history of publishing cutting-edge articles in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Supplement (PDF, 522 KB): Giving, receiving care: Patient benefits from pulmonary hypertension treatment options, shares story as nurse
Vol. 1, No. 2, 2012: June 2012 (PDF, 1,391 KB)
- Aurora cardiac team among first in nation to use hybrid procedure for complex atrial fibrillation cases
- Q&A: Understanding cardiovascular aging through NIH-funded research
- Aurora team performs first endovascular repair of juxtarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm in Wisconsin
- Transcatheter therapies for both aortic and mitral valve diseases are available in Wisconsin only at Aurora St. Luke’s
- Article by Aurora cardiologists provides critical review, new criteria for diagnosis of LVNC
Vol. 1, No. 1, 2012: inaugural issue (PDF, 3,748 KB)
- Aurora Cardiovascular Services welcomes new president, recognizes former president
- First transcatheter aortic valve replacement in Wisconsin is performed at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
- A Three-Dimensional Journey Into the Heart: Physician provides inside look at electroanatomical navigation system
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center’s 24/7 STEMI program reduces door-to-balloon times