Varicose and Spider Vein Treatment Services
SAFE AND GENTLE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS FOR VEIN TREATMENT
Aching. Burning. Throbbing. Is discomfort caused by your veins affecting your quality of life? Aurora Health Care can help you find relief from pain – and help improve the appearance of your legs.
Our experts provide minimally invasive, safe and effective outpatient procedures to treat vein conditions, such as varicose veins and spider veins. We’ll work with you to understand your condition and personal goals. Let us find a treatment option that is right for you.
Varicose Veins: Varicose veins are a common, chronic condition that occur when vein walls weaken and stretch, allowing blood to pool and create visibly bulging veins, usually in the legs. Varicose veins affect 70% of women and 30% of men worldwide.
Spider Veins: Spider veins are thin, threadlike veins that are often red or purple in appearance on the skin. Spider veins are visible due to how close they are to the skin’s surface.
We offer a variety of options to manage varicose and spider veins with minimal or no scarring and quick recovery. They include:
- Sclerotherapy involves injections of concentrated FDA-approved solutions into the affected veins. The solution causes them to collapse and eventually disappear. Blood flow then shifts to nearby healthy veins. Often several sessions are required, scheduled 4-6 weeks apart.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy involves making tiny incisions in your skin to remove veins that are close to the surface. It’s frequently performed with a local anesthetic and often does not require stitches.
- Laser surgery uses light energy to seal veins closed and make them fade away.
- Endovenous ablation therapy uses heat from lasers or radio waves (delivered via a catheter, or thin tube) to close off varicose veins.
- Endoscopic vein surgery is performed through a catheter using a surgical device on the end of a tiny camera to close the vein. This procedure is usually used in severe cases, when varicose veins are causing skin ulcers.
- Vein stripping and ligation is an older procedure rarely needed anymore. It is a two-part procedure performed at the same visit. During ligation, a vein is surgically tied off and then “stripped” or removed. Often, your doctor will remove the vein using a minimally invasive surgical procedure called venous ablation. Learn more about vein ligation and stripping.
You don’t have to live with unsightly veins and leg pain. Let our experts improve your health and quality of life at one of our convenient locations:
Aurora Health Center
7505 W. Grand Avenue
Gurnee, IL 60031
Aurora Medical Center
10400 75th Street
Kenosha, WI 53142
Aurora Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Center
1284 Summit Avenue
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Aurora Health Center
8400 Washington Avenue, West Building
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
8901 W Lincoln Avenue
West Allis, WI
Please contact us at one of the locations above for more information or fill out the form below.