Learn More About Dermatitis Treatments at Aurora
What is Dermatitis?
Dermatitis is a catch-all word for a number of skin conditions. Basically, dermatitis refers to any inflammation of the skin.
Some types of dermatitis are mild and can be treated on with home dermatitis remedies. However, many types of dermatitis should be treated by a dermatologist or other physician. Aurora Health Care dermatologists treat a variety dermatitis conditions, including:
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Contact dermatitis – skin inflammation caused by physical contact with skin irritants
- Dermatitis herpetiformis – skin disease that causes intense itching and presents with clusters of small blisters, bumps and elevations of skin
- Generalized exfoliative dermatitis – a severe inflammation of the skin surface often caused by a drug reaction or as a complication of other skin conditions; lymphoma also can cause this condition
- Seborrheic dermatitis – an inflammation of the upper layers of skin that causes red, itchy, scaly skin that sheds its scales
- Other dermatitis conditions, such as localized scratch dermatitis, perioral dermatitis, nummular dermatitis and stasis dermatitis
How is Dermatitis Treated?
At Aurora Health Care, our dermatologists will suggest dermatitis treatments based upon many factors, including the type and cause of the dermatitis, their expertise and experience treating others with the same condition, your age and health, and your medical history.
Depending on the severity and type of your dermatitis, your treatments may include lotions, topical medications, oral medications, skin treatments or minor surgical procedures. To find out how to best treat your dermatitis, make an appointment with an Aurora dermatologist today.
Why Should I Choose Aurora Health Care to Treat my Dermatitis?
When it comes to caring for your skin, you want the best. And, at Aurora, we are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced skin care treatments available.
Because Aurora dermatologists work within the entire Aurora Health Care system, we can offer you so much more than simple dermatology care. At Aurora, you’ll get:
- Expertise: A team of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants care for you.
- Innovation: You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology.
- Network of physicians: Being part of the Aurora network gives you access to specialized care for all of your health care needs.
- Attention to you: At Aurora, you’re never just another patient. You’re an important part of your health care team. No matter which procedure or treatment is right for you, your doctor will take time to discuss options with you and answer your questions before your treatment begins, giving you peace of mind.
How do I Schedule a Consultation with a Dermatologist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with a dermatologist at Aurora, call one of the dermatology offices directly. View the list of Aurora dermatologists.