Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Clinic
Clinic in Milwaukee
Aurora Health Care is dedicated to continually improving every patient’s experience, and creating the Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Clinic represents our commitment to you – and to providing the best, most advanced care possible.
For patients with melanoma and for those at risk of developing melanoma, our Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Clinic offers state-of-the-art treatment and advanced care from a team of specialists and other cancer care experts.
The Aurora Difference
Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center was the first hospital in Wisconsin to offer a Melanoma Pigmented Lesion Clinic to focus on diagnosing melanoma. Through funding from the Robyn Temkin Melanoma Prevention Program, Aurora Cancer Care offers free skin cancer screenings and community education to build awareness about the dangers of melanoma.
Just as each person is unique, so is every treatment plan at Aurora. From prevention, early detection, and diagnosis to cancer treatment and beyond, we offer comprehensive care that is individually tailored to meet your unique needs.
Services at the clinic include:
- Total skin exams and skin cancer screenings performed by cancer care experts
- Dermascopy – a procedure proven to increase the accuracy of diagnosis
- Total body photography (also known as mole mapping)
- Advanced surgical care techniques
- Innovative treatment protocols based on the latest cancer research
- Follow-up care that treats the whole person and encourages long term well-being
- Continuation of care that includes referral to and coordination with advanced cancer specialists
- Access to patient and family support services through Aurora Cancer Care
- Education and information resources to help you understand your condition and treatments
Why choose the Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Clinic at Aurora?
When it comes to caring for your skin, you want the best. And, at Aurora, we’re dedicated to providing the best, most advanced skin care treatments available.
Care at the clinics is provided with an integrated, team approach that coordinates every aspect of your care. We work together with other providers/specialties within the hospital network, including:
- Genetic counseling
- Medical oncology
- Procedural dermatology
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
Because Aurora dermatologists work within the entire Aurora Health Care system, we can offer you so much more than simple dermatology care. At Aurora, you’ll get:
- Expertise: Expertise: A team of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants care for you.
- Innovation: You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology.
- Network of physicians: Being part of the Aurora network gives you access to specialized care for all of your health care needs.
- Attention to you: No matter which procedure or treatment you choose, our physicians will take time to discuss options with you and answer your questions before your treatment begins, giving you peace of mind.
To learn more about the Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Clinic or to make an appointment with one of our specialists, please call 262-896-6350.
Annual Skin Cancer Screening
Having an annual exam to check for skin changes and signs of cancer is not only important for people at high risk for skin cancer – it’s important for us all. At Aurora, we offer annual skin cancer checks, and we recommend that everyone also perform self-checks at least once a year.