Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
Learn More About Treatment For Head and Neck Cancers at Aurora
What is Head and Neck Cancer?
Head and neck cancer includes many types of cancer that affect the head and neck region, including cancers of the:
- Lymph nodes
- Mouth, tongue and lips
- Nasal cavity
- Salivary glands
Cancer Treatment Advances at Aurora
At Aurora Health Care, our Head and Neck Cancer Program focuses on treating cancers of the head and neck using the best, most advanced treatment options available. Leading-edge microsurgery is a welcome option for head and neck cancers because it can effectively treat the cancers without incisions, leading to shorter recovery times, reduced pain and less chance of infection.
Two of the microsurgeries that ear, nose and throat specialists at Aurora use for head and neck cancers are transoral robotic surgery (TORS) and transoral laser microsurgery (TLM). These minimally invasive surgeries offer many benefits to patients. And both are performed at two Aurora locations – Aurora Wilkinson Medical Clinic and Aurora Cancer Care Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic.
Some of the types of cancers treated by Aurora ENTs, in collaboration with oncologists and other specialists at Aurora Wilkinson Medical Clinic and Aurora Cancer Care Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic, are:
- Laryngeal cancer (cancer of the voice box)
- Lip and oral cavity cancer (any cancer of the mouth and lips)
- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancers
- Nasopharyngeal cancer
- Oropharyngeal cancer (cancer that affects the oropharynx, which includes the middle part of the throat behind the tongue, the back third of the tongue, the tonsils, the side and back walls of the throat, and the roof of the mouth)
- Thyroid cancer
Why Come to Aurora Health Care?
When it comes to caring for your health, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ear, nose and throat specialists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced treatments available today.
At Aurora, you’re an important part of your health care team, and you can expect outstanding care.
- We have experts to meet all of your needs – Every ENT at Aurora is a board-certified otolaryngologist (ENT), and many have additional certifications and specializations. So no matter which condition you have, Aurora has a doctor to treat it.
- We’re dedicated to patient care – At Aurora, every team member, from customer service representatives to techs to nurses to doctors, shares the goal of providing outstanding care in a patient-focused, compassionate environment.
- We offer innovative treatment options – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including leading-edge microsurgeries that can improve outcomes and quality of life.
- You can get immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. If your ear, nose and throat doctor thinks you should see another specialist, he or she can make a referral and get you an appointment right away.
- All Aurora doctors are connected – Because Aurora is a large health care system, there are doctors across the state of Wisconsin to serve you. And, if you are seen in Green Bay and later in Milwaukee, your medical records will be available to each and every health professional within our integrated health care system.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist at Aurora, call one of the ENT offices directly. View the list of Aurora ENTs.