Learn More About Surgery to Treat Neck Disorders
At Aurora Health Care, we offer surgical procedures to treat disorders and conditions related to the neck, including parathyroid disease and thyroid disease.
Ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) at Aurora are specially trained to perform multiple surgical procedures of the neck. Some of the more common procedures ENTs perform at Aurora are:
- Neck dissections – A neck dissection is a surgical procedure used to remove lymph nodes and surrounding neck tissue to remove and treat cancer. There are several types of neck dissection, including radical neck dissection, modified radical neck dissection and selective neck dissection.
- Parathyroidectomy – Parathyroidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove either one or more of the parathyroid glands or to remove parathyroid gland tumors. It is often done to treat conditions such as hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid cancer.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy – The sentinel lymph node is the lymph node that cancer cells are most likely to spread to first. A sentinel lymph node biopsy is a surgical procedure to remove the sentinel lymph node. It is usually done to find out whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes, which helps determine the stage of the cancer. Sentinel lymph node biopsies are less extensive surgeries than standard lymph node surgery, which reduces the potential for harmful or negative effects of surgery.
- Thyroidectomy – A thyroidectomy, otherwise known as thyroid surgery, is a procedure done to remove all or part of the thyroid gland. It can be done to treat hyperthyroidism or an enlarged thyroid gland or to remove thyroid cancer.
Why Come to Aurora Health Care?
When it comes to caring for your health, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ear, nose and throat specialists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced treatments available today.
At Aurora, you’re an important part of your health care team, and you can expect outstanding care.
- We have experts to meet all of your needs – Every ENT at Aurora is a board-certified otolaryngologist (ENT), and many have additional certifications and specializations. So no matter which condition you have, Aurora has a doctor to treat it.
- We’re dedicated to patient care – At Aurora, every team member, from customer service representatives to techs to nurses to doctors, shares the goal of providing outstanding care in a patient-focused, compassionate environment.
- We offer innovative treatment options – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including leading-edge microsurgeries that can improve outcomes and quality of life.
- You can get immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. If your ear, nose and throat doctor thinks you should see another specialist, he or she can make a referral and get you an appointment right away.
- All Aurora doctors are connected – Because Aurora is a large health care system, there are doctors across the state of Wisconsin to serve you. And, if you are seen in Green Bay and later in Milwaukee, your medical records will be available to each and every health professional within our integrated health care system.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist at Aurora, call one of the ENT offices directly. View the list of Aurora ENTs.