Otology: Hearing Disorders
Learn More About Testing For Hearing Disorders at Aurora
Ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) at Aurora Health Care diagnose and treat many hearing disorders. Some of the hearing tests ENTs perform are:
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) audiometry – Auditory brainstem response audiometry is a test performed to measure auditory brainstem function in response to auditory stimuli. It’s actually a neurologic test, and it can help diagnose hearing disorders that affect the brainstem. The test is also called brainstem evoked response audiometry.
- Otacoustic emission testing (OAE) – Otacoustic emission testing is a hearing test to determine the hair cell function within the ear. It’s used to screen hearing, estimate hearing sensitivity, help diagnose whether hearing loss has sensory or neural components and test for functional hearing loss.
- General hearing aid evaluation and testing
ENTs offer many treatments for hearing disorders, ranging from hearing aids to surgical procedures. If you are experiencing hearing loss and would like to be evaluated for treatment, make an appointment with an Aurora ENT today.
Why Come to Aurora Health Care?
When it comes to caring for your health, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ear, nose and throat specialists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced treatments available today.
At Aurora, you’re an important part of your health care team, and you can expect outstanding care.
- We have experts to meet all of your needs – Every ENT at Aurora is a board-certified otolaryngologist (ENT), and many have additional certifications and specializations. So no matter which condition you have, Aurora has a doctor to treat it.
- We’re dedicated to patient care – At Aurora, every team member, from customer service representatives to techs to nurses to doctors, shares the goal of providing outstanding care in a patient-focused, compassionate environment.
- We offer innovative treatment options – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including leading-edge microsurgeries that can improve outcomes and quality of life.
- You can get immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. If your ear, nose and throat doctor thinks you should see another specialist, he or she can make a referral and get you an appointment right away.
- All Aurora doctors are connected – Because Aurora is a large health care system, there are doctors across the state of Wisconsin to serve you. And, if you are seen in Green Bay and later in Milwaukee, your medical records will be available to each and every health professional within our integrated health care system.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist at Aurora, call one of the ENT offices directly. View the list of Aurora ENTs.