Salivary Gland Conditions and Treatments
Learn More About Treatment For Salivary Gland Disorders
Ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) at Aurora Health Care diagnose and treat disorders of the salivary glands. Some of the surgical treatments ENTs perform for salivary gland conditions are:
- Parotidectomy – This is a surgical procedure to remove a parotid gland. The parotid glands are the largest salivary glands, and normally, people have two – one on each side of the neck. A parotidectomy is usually done to remove tumors or abnormal growths on the gland.
- Salivary duct calculi extraction – This procedure is done to remove salivary calculus from the salivary gland(s). Salivary calculus is also called a salivary gland stone, a salivary duct stone or a sialolith. It is a calcified mass that can form inside the salivary gland and block the flow of saliva into the mouth.
- Sialendoscopy – Sialendoscopy is a minimally invasive salivary gland procedure to remove salivary stones (sialoliths) and also to widen narrowed salivary glands. Because it is a minimally invasive procedure, patients can expect fewer complications, less risk of infection and a faster recovery time. As of November 2012, Aurora Health Care is the only hospital in Wisconsin performing sialendoscopy.
- Submandibular gland resection
Why Come to Aurora Health Care?
When it comes to caring for your health, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ear, nose and throat specialists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced treatments available today.
At Aurora, you’re an important part of your health care team, and you can expect outstanding care.
- We have experts to meet all of your needs – Every ENT at Aurora is a board-certified otolaryngologist (ENT), and many have additional certifications and specializations. So no matter which condition you have, Aurora has a doctor to treat it.
- We’re dedicated to patient care – At Aurora, every team member, from customer service representatives to techs to nurses to doctors, shares the goal of providing outstanding care in a patient-focused, compassionate environment.
- We offer innovative treatment options – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including leading-edge microsurgeries that can improve outcomes and quality of life.
- You can get immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. If your ear, nose and throat doctor thinks you should see another specialist, he or she can make a referral and get you an appointment right away.
- All Aurora doctors are connected – Because Aurora is a large health care system, there are doctors across the state of Wisconsin to serve you. And, if you are seen in Green Bay and later in Milwaukee, your medical records will be available to each and every health professional within our integrated health care system.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist at Aurora, call one of the ENT offices directly. View the list of Aurora ENTs.