Skull Base Conditions and Treatments
Learn More About Treatment For Skull Base Disorders
Ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) at Aurora Health Care diagnose and treat disorders of the skull base, including the pituitary gland.
One of the procedures Aurora ENTs perform is a minimally invasive surgical technique called endoscopic anterior skull base surgery. This type of minimally invasive surgery involves the use of a tiny camera called an endoscope that is placed in the skull base through the nose (transnasal). With the help of the endoscope, ENTs can resect large tumors near the skull base without an incision, which can alleviate retraction on the brain. The endoscope offers additional benefits as well, making tumor resection a safer procedure.
ENTs at Aurora also can remove pituitary tumors using transnasal surgery techniques.
Minimally invasive procedures for skull base disorders and tumors offer many benefits to patients. They typically are typically safer and have fewer risks and a shorter recovery time.
Why Come to Aurora Health Care?
When it comes to caring for your health, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ear, nose and throat specialists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced treatments available today.
At Aurora, you’re an important part of your health care team, and you can expect outstanding care.
- We have experts to meet all of your needs – Every ENT at Aurora is a board-certified otolaryngologist (ENT), and many have additional certifications and specializations. So no matter which condition you have, Aurora has a doctor to treat it.
- We’re dedicated to patient care – At Aurora, every team member, from customer service representatives to techs to nurses to doctors, shares the goal of providing outstanding care in a patient-focused, compassionate environment.
- We offer innovative treatment options – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including leading-edge microsurgeries that can improve outcomes and quality of life.
- You can get immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. If your ear, nose and throat doctor thinks you should see another specialist, he or she can make a referral and get you an appointment right away.
- All Aurora doctors are connected – Because Aurora is a large health care system, there are doctors across the state of Wisconsin to serve you. And, if you are seen in Green Bay and later in Milwaukee, your medical records will be available to each and every health professional within our integrated health care system.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist at Aurora, call one of the ENT offices directly. View the list of Aurora ENTs.