Help for headaches
More than 45 million Americans suffer from headaches. The National Headache Foundation estimates that industry loses $50 billion per year due to absenteeism, lost productivity and medical expenses caused by headaches.
By proactively addressing your condition, and working closely with your doctor, your quality of life can improve. It is important to acknowledge that headaches are affecting your life and take action to address this treatable condition.
Five tips from the National Headache Foundation
- Recognize that you have a condition that can be successfully treated
- Make an appointment to see a health care provider for an accurate diagnosis
- Become informed about your headache type and treatment options
- Partner with your health care provider in decisions regarding your care
- Adopt healthy lifestyle habits to improve your quality of life