- A totally new way of looking at food
Listen to an audio file of a doctor's presentation on a new paradigm for healthy eating
Sign up for our Clinical Aromatherapy certification program.
Aurora Health Care has been a pioneer in the integration of integrative and alternative medicine with more conventional treatments. Aurora offers a host of alternative therapies you and/or your primary care physician may choose to treat a wide variety of health concerns.
This approach to health care and wellness isn't really new; it's been practiced for thousands of years and with good results.
Aurora offers chiropractic care, acupuncture treatment, back pain relief, sciatica treatment, massage and massage therapists, touch therapy, movement therapy and other alternative therapies.
Do ancient healing arts work in today's modern, high-tech medical environment? Find out.
What are some commonly used integrative medicine therapies?
Today, many forms of healing arts are used throughout the United States. With conventional medicine review, Aurora Integrative Medicine focuses on the integration of the following approaches to enhance our patients' health and healing.
|Massage and massage therapy
Improved circulation, joint movement, reduced muscle tension and enhanced relaxation are all benefits of massage by manipulating muscles and tissues in the body.
Chiropractic care includes the manipulation of the spine to manage neuro-musculoskeletal disorders. It is often used as a first-line treatment for acute low back pain.
This is an ancient Asian healing art that encourages the body to promote natural healing and improve function by restoring a balanced flow of energy (Qi, pronounced "Chee") in the body. It involves the insertion of fine needles into the body at specific points.
|Health Awareness Consultations
Personalized one-hour health consultations with an advanced nurse practitioner specializing in essential oils for everyday health, sinus health, and nutritional supplements. Learn effective strategies and get the tools for making positive and direct changes to your health.
Why are these therapies used?
Integrative therapies are used for many reasons. Some people use them to promote health and maintain well-being. Some feel they have "tried everything else" and are looking for another approach to treating their problem. Others want to have more control over their own health and healing.
Are these therapies for you?
Think of your personal beliefs about health care. Integrative therapies are based on different principles than conventional therapies. They focus on balancing the body systems and improving the body's natural defenses. Conventional therapies focus more on treating disease by attacking its causes.
If you are thinking about using a integrative therapy...
Gather as much information as you can in order to get a balanced view of whether a particular therapy might help you. Find out about the following:
- Has this therapy been shown to be effective for your condition?
- Can you use this therapy along with conventional treatment?
- Will using this therapy require major lifestyle changes?
- Will your insurance cover any of the costs involved?
- Do you have allergies, are you pregnant or breastfeeding, or do you have other conditions that might make the therapy unsafe or ineffective for you?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Will this therapy interact with food, alcohol, or medications you are taking?
Here are some questions to ask as you select a integrative medicine provider:
- Is the provider a graduate of an accredited training program?
- Is he or she licensed to provide the services offered?
- How long has he or she been in practice?
- What will the approach consist of? Ask for a description of the treatment. Find out how often you will need to visit, what the treatment will cost, and if it is covered by insurance.
- What health improvement should you expect, and when? How will you know if the treatment is working? How will you know when to stop treatment?
- Will the provider communicate his or her findings and plan of care to your primary care provider?
For more information... Your local Aurora pharmacist can answer your questions on herbal therapies and natural products, for reviews you can trust of herbs and treatments.