Tools for Patients and Families
The Aurora librarians recommend the following tools to help patients and their families cope and stay informed on current treatments for chronic or serious illnesses.
- A free service from Aurora which allows you to share the status of a loved one online with friends and family.
- CaringBridge is a charitable nonprofit organization offering free personalized websites to people facing a serious medical condition or hospitalization, undergoing medical treatment and/or recovering from a significant accident illness, injury or procedure.
- ClinicalTrials.gov is a registry and results database of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world. ClinicalTrials.gov gives you information about a trial's purpose, who may participate, locations, and phone numbers for more details.
- Lab Tests Online
- Lab Tests Online offers noncommercial patient education on blood, urine, and other lab tests to help patients and family caregivers better understand the many clinical lab tests that are part of routine care, as well as diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases.
- My Aurora
- My Aurora provides secure online access to your Aurora health information. It is exclusively available to patients of Aurora Health Care.
- PatientsLikeMe is a data-driven social networking health site that enables its members to share condition, treatment, and symptom information in order to monitor their health over time and learn from real-world outcomes. Members are able to find and connect with patients like them, gain social support, and learn first-hand about ways to cope and manage.