A number of different tests might be appropriate to determine how best to improve your breathing.
- Pulmonary function tests measure the flow of air and the volume of air in your lungs. Learn more
- Pulse oximetry shows how much oxygen is in your blood (oxygen saturation). This may be done at rest as well as during and after exercise.
- Arterial blood gas tests measure levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood. Learn more
- Chest x-rays show the size and shape of your lungs. They can also show certain problems in the lungs. Learn more
- CT (computed tomography) scans produce images of lungs that are more detailed than x-rays. Learn more
- 6-minute walk
- Pulmonary stress test
- Maximum ventilatory oxygen testing