Frequently Asked Questions
- If my doctor is in an ACO, can I still see whatever doctor I want?
- Is an ACO a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), managed care or an insurance company?
- How do I know if my doctor is in an ACO? What should I expect if my doctor is in an ACO?
- What rights do I have if my doctor is in an ACO?
- Who can read my medical information? And will it be protected?
- How will an ACO lead to better care for me?
- Where can I find more information about ACOs?
For answers to questions such as the above, please visit www.Medicare.gov (PDF, 273 KB).