Brain and Skull Base Care
PROVIDING THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE TODAY WHILE DEFINING THE BEST CARE FOR TOMORROW FOR BRAIN AND SKULL BASE DISORDERS
At the Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute, we teach innovative, minimally invasive procedures for brain and skull base disorders to surgeons from around the world. They come here to learn from “the best”
That’s why when you come here, you can be assured you're in the hands of leading global experts.
From prevention and intervention, to pioneering tomorrow's innovations, we're experts at treating a full spectrum of brain disorders and skull base disorders – including brain tumors, epilepsy, and stroke. Because we're committed to providing you the best possible care you can get. Anywhere. Period.
So you can get back to life – and enjoying the things you love.
Brain and Skull Base Care Treatments
We offer a wide spectrum of brain and skull base care treatment options, including:
- Brain Mapping and High Definition Fiber Tracking - Advanced imaging technology that helps our doctors identify what is happening in your brain
- Expanded Endonasal Approach - Aminimally invasive surgical technique that allows your neurosurgeon to use your nostrils as a natural passageway to access and treat deep-seated tumors located at the base of the skull and below the brain
- Pituitary Surgery - Surgical options to safely remove pituitary gland tumors
- Microvascular Decompression for Hemifacial Spasm and Neuralgia - A minimally invasive surgical procedure to treat nerve disorders of the head and face
- Neuroendovascular Care - Minimally invasive treatments for brain and spinal cord disorders that involve blood vessels, such as stroke or aneurysms
- Six Pillars Approach - Uses advanced imaging, GPS-like navigation, high definition optics and revolutionary surgical tools to allow your neurosurgeon to treat otherwise inoperable brain tumors and lesions
- Stem Cell/Regenerative Medicine - Stimulating the body’s own repair mechanisms to heal damaged tissues or organs
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery - A noninvasive procedure using beams of radiation to reduce or eliminate tumors
Brain and skull base conditions
Our comprehensive brain and skull base program treats a wide range of neurologic conditions, including:
- Alzheimer’s and Memory Disorders - A group of symptoms that affect memory, language, thinking, judgment and behavior
- Aneurysms - A weak sport in the wall of a blood vessel that could burst into the brain
- Brain Injury and Trauma - Disabling injuries to the brain caused by falls, accidents or other trauma
- Brain and Skull Base Tumors - Tumors that begin in the brain or originate elsewhere in the body and travel to the brain
- Carotid Stenosis - Narrowing of the carotid arteries that run on the sides of the neck and supply blood to the brain, sometimes resulting in a stroke
- Cerebral and Intracranial Aneurysm/Subarachnoid Hemorrhage - Enlargement or ballooning of an arterial blood vessel in the brain, sometimes resulting in hemorrhage or stroke
- Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders - Abnormal brain activity that causes seizures
- Hydrocephalus - Accumulation of fluid in the brain causing potentially harmful pressure on brain tissues
- Multiple Sclerosis - A nervous system disease that causes damage to the protective covering of the nerve fibers of the brain and spinal cord, interfering with nerve impulses throughout the body
- Parkinson and Movement Disorders - A progressive neurologic condition that results in deterioration of the nerve cells in the part of the brain that controls muscle movement
- Stroke - A condition that occurs when blood flow to the brain is disrupted
Contact the Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute
You deserve the best care and treatment options available today for brain and skull base conditions. Call 414-385-7111 now to contact the Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute.