Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute
PROVIDING THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE TODAY WHILE DEFINING THE BEST CARE FOR TOMORROW
When you have a neurological condition, you want the best care humanly possible. Neurological care that includes the most advanced treatment options and technologies available today. Care expertly delivered by an integrated team of world-class neurological experts dedicated to changing the face of neuroscience.
“We invest in tomorrow’s care because we truly want to change the way these conditions and diseases are cared for. This requires assembling the most gifted physicians, the most intellectually curious scientists and engineers, and the most advanced technology – and empowering them to deliver the best in class for patient care.”
– Amin Kassam, MD
Innovation is central to everything we do at Aurora Health Care. Providing you with the latest techniques and technologies before they’re available anywhere else is our goal. And defining groundbreaking treatments of tomorrow is our mission.
To that end, we’ve brought together a multidisciplinary team of renowned physicians, surgeons and scientists under one roof to deliver comprehensive, compassionate care for a wide range of neurological conditions – the Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute (ANII) at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center.
Be among the first to benefit from tomorrow's innovations. Give us a call at 414-385-7111.
Integrated, Comprehensive Care - Under One Roof
With the ANII at Aurora St. Luke’s, you now have access to leading neurosurgeons, head and neck surgeons, and ophthalmologists, as well as neurologists, radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists. Your treatment team may also include health professionals specializing in speech therapy, audiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and social work. This integrated team works together seamlessly to ensure you receive the most comprehensive care available for your best possible outcome. This includes:
- Leading-edge, minimally invasive surgical techniques for skull base and brain lesions
- Standard open procedures for the brain and skull base
- Spine surgery
- Radiotherapy techniques such as CyberKnife®, a highly precise method of radiation delivery
- Microvascular surgery to manage cranial nerve disorder and repair cerebral aneurysms (Trigeminal Neuralgia, Hemifacial Spasm, Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia)
- Medical treatments for brain tumors, functional disorders, and stroke and rehabilitation services
In addition, we’re diligently working hand-in-hand with scientists, engineers, clinicians and cell biologists – including our partners at the Aurora Research Institute and the Lombardi Cancer program – to develop the next wave of neurological innovation to define novel therapies for tomorrow.
Educating the Next Generation
Through the ANII, Aurora Health Care also provides continuing education courses, fellowships and visiting surgeons, and we’re building state-of-the-art operating rooms, simulation and training laboratories.
Why? Because we’re committed to training clinicians and scientists, at home and abroad, so that anyone, anywhere, can benefit from our expertise and the best that medical science has to offer.
Meet Our Team
The ANII team, led by Dr. Amin Kassam, works hard to give you the most advanced and compassionate neurology care. What makes our team different is that we get to know you as a whole person.
- Dr. Amin Kassam is Aurora Health Care System Vice President of Neurosciences and spearheads the ANII.
- Dr. Martin Cortsen specializes in otolaryngology. He is also a head and neck surgeon.
- Megan Dibb is a nurse practitioner. Her focus is on endovascular, surgical and neuroradiology care.
- Dr. Melanie Fukui specializes in neuroradiology.
- Dr. Ayman Gheith specializes in endovascular, surgical and neuroradiology care.
- Dr. Elizabeth Marriott focuses on neurology and is board certified in both neurology and vascular neurology.
- Dr. Rehan Sajjad is board certified in internal medicine and neurology.
- Dr. Akram Shhadeh specializes in endovascular surgical neuroradiology. He also specializes in vascular neurology.
- Deborah Swearingen is a nurse practitioner. She focuses on neurosurgery and ENT (ear, nose and throat).
- Allison Tradewell is a nurse practitioner. Her focus is on neurosurgery and ENT (ear, nose and throat).