Getting a good night’s sleep is easy for some people. For others, it’s a constant struggle.
If a sleep disorder is keeping you up at night, you’re not alone. Sleep disorders affect about 70 million people.
What’s the secret to sleeping like a baby? Ask an Aurora neurologist – a doctor specializing in the central nervous system: your brain, spinal cord and nerves. It turns out that sleep disorders (like sleep apnea) are tied to how your brain is wired.
Our sleep-trained neurologists, working with a team of primary care physicians, pulmonologists, behavioral specialists and other experts at the Aurora Sleep Medicine Center, can help you stop counting sheep and get some sleep.
Make an appointment with us today – and sleep better tonight. Consider this your wake-up call.
Exploring Sleep Problems
Not all sleep disorders are the same. You might need to visit a neurologist if you answer “yes” to any of these questions:
- Does your partner complain because you snore all the time?
- Is it difficult to fall asleep at night?
- Do you wake up in the morning still tired?
- Are you acting out your dreams when you’re asleep?
- Do you kick off your sheets – or your partner – I throughout the night?
- Do you fall asleep when you are driving or randomly throughout the day?
- Do you grind your teeth or clinch your jaw during your sleep?
- Do you find yourself sleepwalking?
- When you wake up, are your body and sheets soaked in sweat?
Don’t lose another moment’s sleep. Let our expert team of neurologists figure out what’s causing your sleep problems and find answers. You can get back to feeling energized and refreshed in the morning.
Ways We Can Help
When you visit the Aurora Sleep Medicine Center, you’ll be given an individualized assessment covering up to 15 different functions that may be affecting how you sleep.
After your assessment, our sleep-trained neurologists and other sleep specialists will help you figure out a treatment plan that fits your needs. Treatments may include noninvasive therapies, medications, psychological treatments, relaxation techniques or surgery.
We know how frustrating it can be to not get a good night’s sleep. Don’t let your sleepless nights ruin your days. Let us help.
Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment with an Aurora Health Care neurologist.