Eyelid and Periocular Skin Cancer
Learn More About Eyelid and Periocular Skin Cancer Treatment at Aurora
What are Eyelid and Periocular Skin Cancers?
Eyelid cancer is cancer that occurs on or in the skin that makes up the eyelid. It can be melanoma or it can be basal cell, squamous cell or sebaceous carcinomas.
Periocular skin cancer refers to skin cancer that occurs in the eye area. Most periocular skin cancers are basal cell or squamous cell carcinomas, but periocular skin cancer can also be sebaceous gland carcinoma or melanoma as well.
How are Eyelid and Periocular Skin Cancers Treated?
Removing skin cancer through surgical excision is the most effective treatment. There are a number of surgical procedures Aurora Health Care ophthalmologists use to remove skin cancer lesions. If you have eyelid or periocular skin cancer, your eye care specialist will work with cancer specialists to decide what type of treatment is best for you.
Ophthalmologists at Aurora Health Care work together with Mohs surgeons to treat eyelid cancer and periocular skin cancer. Mohs surgery offers the best chance for long-term recovery along with reduced scarring and increased preservation of healthy tissue.
Find out more about the Skin Cancer Center at Aurora
Why Choose Aurora Health Care For Your Eye Care Needs?
When it comes to caring for your eyes and vision, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ophthalmologists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced eye care and treatments available today.
Because Aurora eye care experts work within the entire Aurora Health Care system, they can offer you so much more than simple vision care. At Aurora, you’ll get:
- Expert care at any hour of the day – At Aurora, we have board-certified ophthalmologists on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to care for you if you have an eye emergency – even if it’s at 3 a.m.
- Care focused on you – Every one of our ophthalmologists believes that involving patients in the decisions that affect them, making them a part of their health care team, and making sure they understand their condition and treatment options is the best way to deliver outstanding care. At Aurora, you can expect us to focus on you, delivering the best possible care for you.
- Immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. Some eye conditions are signs of other conditions, such as diabetes, vascular disease and neurological issues. If your ophthalmologist sees evidence of other disease during your eye exam, he or she can make a referral to another specialist and get you an appointment right away.
- Convenient care in multiple locations – Aurora has eye care specialists in a variety of locations across eastern Wisconsin. We have clinics, hospitals and surgery centers that offer the entire spectrum of eye care.
- Care for infants through senior citizens – At Aurora, we have eye care ophthalmologists who specialize in eye care for both adults and children. Our pediatric ophthalmologists are specially trained to diagnose and treat eye conditions in children.
- Innovation – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including:
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ophthalmologist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ophthalmologist at Aurora, call one of our ophthalmology offices directly. View the list of Aurora ophthalmologists.