Learn More About Pediatric Ophthalmology at Aurora
What is Pediatric Ophthalmology?
Pediatric ophthalmology is the branch of medicine dealing with children’s eye care. At Aurora Health Care, pediatric ophthalmologists specialize in treating children’s eyes and eye conditions.
It’s very important to screen children for eye disease at an early age to pick up conditions such as amblyopia or strabismus
What Treatments Do Aurora Pediatric Ophthalmologists Offer?
Pediatric ophthalmologists at Aurora treat many eye conditions that affect children. Some of the conditions we treat at Aurora are:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Congenital tear duct obstruction
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
Treatments vary depending on the condition. But most eye conditions are treated with medication, therapy, corrective lenses and/or surgery.
Why Choose Aurora Health Care For Your Eye Care Needs?
When it comes to caring for your eyes and vision, you want the best. And at Aurora, our ophthalmologists in Wisconsin and northern Illinois are dedicated to providing the best, most advanced eye care and treatments available today.
Because Aurora eye care experts work within the entire Aurora Health Care system, they can offer you so much more than simple vision care. At Aurora, you’ll get:
- Expert care at any hour of the day – At Aurora, we have board-certified ophthalmologists on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to care for you if you have an eye emergency – even if it’s at 3 a.m.
- Care focused on you – Every one of our ophthalmologists believes that involving patients in the decisions that affect them, making them a part of their health care team, and making sure they understand their condition and treatment options is the best way to deliver outstanding care. At Aurora, you can expect us to focus on you, delivering the best possible care for you.
- Immediate access to referrals – Aurora Health Care offers hundreds of specialists under one roof, as part of one integrated health care team. Some eye conditions are signs of other conditions, such as diabetes, vascular disease and neurological issues. If your ophthalmologist sees evidence of other disease during your eye exam, he or she can make a referral to another specialist and get you an appointment right away.
- Convenient care in multiple locations – Aurora has eye care specialists in a variety of locations across eastern Wisconsin. We have clinics, hospitals and surgery centers that offer the entire spectrum of eye care.
- Care for infants through senior citizens – At Aurora, we have eye care ophthalmologists who specialize in eye care for both adults and children. Our pediatric ophthalmologists are specially trained to diagnose and treat eye conditions in children.
- Innovation – You can expect innovative treatments using the latest advancements in technology, including:
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Ophthalmologist?
To schedule a consultation or appointment with an ophthalmologist at Aurora, call one of our ophthalmology offices directly. View the list of Aurora ophthalmologists.