Ophthalmic plastic surgery (oculoplastics)
Our staff is experienced in the various surgeries for eye lid and muscle disorders. Oculoplastics deals with the external structures of the eye, including:
- tear ducts
- orbit (bony cavity surrounding the eye)
- adjacent face
If any of these structures are damaged by accident or altered by disease, oculoplastic surgery can restore their functional integrity.
Oculoplastic surgeries performed at Aurora St. Luke's
- Blepharoplasty – procedure to eliminate puffy or baggy eyelids
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) – tear duct repair
- Entropian and ectropian – repairing eyelids that roll in and out
- Various surgeries for tumors and cancers
St. Luke's will continue to set the standard for eye care in the community and achieving the goal of improving your vision.