Aurora Health Care's Comprehensive Pain Program – southern Wisconsin
A comprehensive approach to pain management
Millions of people in the U.S. suffer with persistent pain from a variety of causes. Many of these people feel that they have nowhere to go for help with this complex problem. Aurora Health Care's, Comprehensive Pain Program is dedicated to providing personalized management of a patient with persistent pain.
Aurora Health Care's Comprehensive Pain Program recognizes the long-term disabling effects persistent pain can have on your life and understands that the emotional frustration frequently accompanying pain is as important to treat as the physical symptoms. We offer improved performance of daily living activities at home, work and in the community.
To meet the diverse and often complex needs of the patient, Aurora Health Care's Comprehensive Pain Program incorporates a multidisciplinary approach to pain management providing patients with treatments, lifestyle options and coping strategies to manage their pain. This would include:
- Anesthesiology services: Epidural steroid injections, intrathecal pumps, spinal cord stimulation, nerve blocks, fluoroscopy, neuroablative techniques and other available treatment options
- Physical medicine and rehabilitative services: physiatrists, electromyography, physical therapy, occupational therapy, lymphedema management, spine program, orthopedic rehabilitation, aquatic services, return-to-work programs and other interventions to manage pain
- Behavioral health: psychological and psychiatric evaluations and counseling, stress management, mind-body connections, sleep hygiene, detoxification and family counseling
- Complementary medicine: chiropractic services, massage therapy and acupuncture, along with a number of other services
- Other: social services, support groups, dietary, pharmacy and community resources
We encourage an integrated approach to health care that blends the best of current medical practice with more traditional healing arts. We recommend that patients keep their health care providers informed of all the treatments they use to bring their health into balance. We believe that good communication results in better and more cost effective care.
Pain conditions treated
- Arm pain
- Back pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Electrical shock injuries
- Facial pain
- Genital pain
- Groin pain
- Leg pain
- Lightning strike injuries
- Neck pain
- Nerve entrapment
- Pre-menstrual tension syndrome (PMS)
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Undiagnosed pain problems
To learn more about the Comprehensive Pain Program, please contact Sherrie Morgan or at (262) 321-3129.