Research Business Services
The objective of Research Business Services (RBS) is to provide assistance and serve as a resource in all phases of clinical research, sponsored programs, investigator initiated research, collaborative research, administrative activities, and communications of the Aurora Research Institute.
RBS is a support department within the Aurora Research Institute. The team ensures cohesive application of general Institute practices, as well as oversight and compliance in the following areas:
- Clinical Research Services - Contract services, contract budgeting (including MCA) and contract negotiations
- Research Award Services - Grant services, internal funding and post award monitoring
- Collaborative Research - Internal and external partnerships with research centers and institutes (academic, community and specialty)
- Research Operations - Revenue cycle and operational cycle oversight, facilitates financial activities with other internal departments, budget planning, financial planning, monitoring & reporting
- Clinical Trial Coverage Analysis (CTCA) - The purpose for the MCA is to determine what Routine Costs of a clinical trial can be billed to Medicare and what costs a sponsor must provide funding for. The MCA must be performed prior to enrolling study subjects and initiating clinical research procedures.
- Legal Services and Intellectual Property - Document review, compliance, innovation & technology transfer
- Communications - Public relations, social media, digital communications and promotional material