The Business Services Team supports the Aurora Research Institute by ensuring a consistent application of general Institute business practices. Acting as a resource in matters of contracting, budgeting, planning, monitoring, reporting, compliance, and operations, the team provides oversight and direction to Aurora Research Institute caregivers.
Contract Services - The Research Business Operations team supports clinical trials by providing contract review, negotiation and oversight for all Industry sponsored research projects conducted at Aurora Health Care.
Contract services include:
- Confidentiality agreement/non-disclosure agreement review and negotiations.
- Contract review.
- Risk analysis.
- Contract negotiation and drafting.
- Legal and regulatory compliance review.
- Protecting research subject privacy.
- Physician Investigator agreements.
Contract budgeting - The Research Business Operations team provides protocol review, budget preparation, CPT code selection, negotiation and oversight for all industry-sponsored research projects conducted at Aurora Health Care.
Our budgeting services include:
- Study protocol review.
- Budget preparation.
- CPT code selection.
- Pricing of protocol required procedures.
- Ensuring Medicare billing compliance - Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA)
Policies and templates
- Subject Injury Policy.
- IRB Fee Policy.
- Study Feasibility.
I want to open a new study. Who do I send the documents to?
- Documents need to be sent to the Research Business Operations team and the Medical Audit team.
What documents do I need to send when I want to open a new study?
- The Research Business Operations team and Medical Audit team need to have the current protocol, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval letter, sample informed consent, sponsor proposed budget and contract, and any other documents sponsor may have sent.
What information is needed besides the documentation?
- The Research Business Operations team and Medical Audit team will need sponsor contact information, study location, Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) information, principal investigator information, internal tracking number and anticipated Institutional ReviewBoard date.The Research Business Operations team and Medical Audit team will contact the CRC throughout the budget and coverage analysis process with additional questions. It is important that questions are answered in a timely manner so that the process can be finished in the planned timeframe.
Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my budget?
Questions should be directed towards the research business operations specialist who completed the budget and launched the study.
- Jessica Olbrot
- Angela Sinner
- Belinda Wiggins
- Questions should be directed towards the research business operations specialist who completed the budget and launched the study.
Who do I contact about my contract?
- Questions should be directed toward Sharon Hirsch
Who do I contact for general questions or information?
- General questions and information can be sent to Amy Kwiatowski
- Grant Services
- Internal Funding
- Post Award Monitoring
- Revenue Cycle and Operational Cycle Oversight
- Financial Activity Facilitation
- Budget Planning
- Financial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting