Legal Services and Intellectual Property
Legal Document Review and Negotiation
We provide a broad range of services including drafting and negotiating the following::
- Confidentiality Agreements / Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Clinical Trial Agreements
- Master Clinical Trial Agreements
- Work Orders
- Material Transfer Agreements – We are one of 490 signatories of the UBMTA. This means Material Transfer Agreements can be expedited when working with other signatories.
- Letters of Intent
- Professional Service Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
Documents are reviewed with a focus on providing legal protection to Aurora, our Principal Investigators and the research subjects.
- Contract – All documents and transactions are reviewed to ensure compliance with laws and regulations. Documents must protect research subjects HIPAA rights. All transactionsare reviewed to make sure they do not violate the Stark Law, False Claims Act, anti-kickback statues, or Medicare Secondary Payer.
- Budget – Budget compliance starts with the Clinical Trial Coverage Analysis (CTCA) which helps determine which procedures are billable to Medicare/private insurance and what needs to be paid for by the sponsor. The CTCA also helps prevent Aurora from submitting a false claim to the government. Proper billing codes are chosen and then the budget is created taking care to make sure no kickbacks are paid
- The contract, informed consent, and protocol are all reviewed to ensure consistency across documents.
Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Innovation - The research institute strives to bring cutting edge clinical treatments to our patients. Learn more about our current projects and collaborations and our accomplishments.
- Technology Transfer - Research Business Services and Aurora's legal department will work with principal investigators and researchers who have an invention or other form of intellectual property in taking their technologies to the commercial market.