Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani Center for Integrative Research on Cardiovascular Aging
The Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani Center for Integrative Research on Cardiovascular Aging has a number of research projects underway, all of which are focused on improving understanding of the aging heart. The following studies support the center's mission to develop diagnostic, predictive and therapeutic interventions to preserve wellness, prevent age-related cardiovascular dysfunction and improve the quality of life of the community.
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Susceptibility to Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly
- Human Senescence and Cardioprotection
- Characterization of microRNA Biomarkers in Cardiac Disease
- Metabolomics and Echocardiography: Integrated biomarker approach for personalized diagnostics, prediction and treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Age-related Genomic and Proteomic Dynamics in the Susceptibility of the Failing Human Heart to Injury
- Effect of Age on Reparative Mechanisms of the Failing Heart in Patients Undergoing Left Ventricular Assist Device implantation
- Cardiovascular Biospecimen Biorepository: Infrastructure development program in patient-centered outcomes research
- Utility of Implantable Cardiac Devices in the Older-Elderly
- Mechanism of Cardiovascular Remodeling in Rat Arthritis.
- A Retrospective analysis of Atrial Structure and Functional Remodeling in Diabetics
- Arrhythmia Burden and Outcomes in Patients Receiving Left Ventricular Assist Device Outcomes in the Older-Elderly Patients
- Atrial Fibrillation and Sleep Related Movement Disorders
- Atrial Fibrillation and Gastroesophageal Disorders