Sexual Assault Treatment Center services
Call us 24 hours a day at 414-219-5555
The Sexual Assault Treatment Center of Greater Milwaukee offers safe and caring services to survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse and sexual assault. Many clients are seen soon after the assault, while others may contact us days, weeks even years later.
SATC can be accessed in person or by phone, 24 hours a day. We offer a safe and caring environment in which survivors can begin the healing and recovery process.
Our nursing, social work and advocate staff provides immediate services, including for those with special needs such as the elderly, persons with mental health issues or those with cognitive, sensory or physical disabilities.
- Crisis intervention and emotional support
- Medical assessment and treatment
- Emotional support and counseling
- Medical and legal evidence collection, if seen within 96 hours of the assault
- Pregnancy risk assessment, as appropriate
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, as appropriate
- Discharge teaching and resource information
- Liaison services with Sensitive Crimes, District Attorney's Office, Department of Human Services.
Learn more about how we work with the DA's office.
- Short-term counseling by Master's level social workers
- Follow-up telephone contact by social workers to provide emotional support, review test results and assist with counseling referrals or other needs
- Referrals to agencies that provide services for people with special needs
Public education – Pamphlets, brochures and other materials on sexual assault are available to professionals and others in the community
Speakers bureau – Knowledgeable speakers can provide groups or organizations accurate, current information about sexual assault and its aftermath, as well as treatment and resources
Special needs – Information is available in large print and Braille, if requested
Aurora Sinai Medical Center
945 N. 12th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
8901 W. Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53227