Aurora Medical Center in Two Rivers
Spiritual care is available to patients and their family members as needed, by way of AMCMC's part-time chaplain and local clergy.
If a patient or family member has an emergency spiritual need, please notify the nursing supervisor.
The Spiritual Care office is located on the third floor across from the elevators.
The Chapel, is on the third floor, facing Lake Michigan, to the right of the elevators.
- Spiritual care visits (prayer, companionship, decision-making support, communion, infant blessing, etc.).
- Care pamphlets in the chapel.
- Prayer request jar & journal in the chapel, where families and staff may record prayers.
- No One Dies Alone program provides compassionate companionship to dying patients whose family members aren't able to be present or may need respite. The trained volunteer companions offer emotional, spiritual, and/or physical support to enable the patient to die with peace, dignity, and respect.
- Healing Garden for contemplation, refreshment, and/or solitude.
- We offer a "Remembrance Ceremony" every six months for all the patients who have died in the hospital, in Aurora Visiting Nurse Association's hospice care, and in the Vince Lombardi Cancer Center's care.
- We provide a "Blessing of the Hands" ritual for our staff during Caregiver Appreciation Week each year.
Specialty Areas: End-of-Life Care, Family meetings, Spiritual Formation, Children & Family Ministries, Cross-cultural communication